This chicken salad sandwich is a favorite among my sandwich creations, it starts with cooled roasted chicken breast, mixed with crispy celery and infused with a orange, ginger Greek yogurt sauce and then sprinkled with sliced almonds and orange zest. I first posted this as an addition to my crepe recipe back in 2009, but have made some changes along with photos to show how I make this tangy yet savory sandwich. It complements any summer picnic or baby/bridal shower when served with fresh croissant rolls.
- 2-3 cups of cubed chicken breast (see how I roast or broil my chicken; click here)
- 1-2 celery Stalks (chopped)
- Juice from 1 whole orange
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of Plain Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- zest from 1 whole Orange
- 1/4 cup of sliced or slivered almonds
In a large bowl, add chopped chicken and celery.
Juice from 1 orange, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon sage, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, zest from half of an orange, and 1/2 cup of Plain Greek style yogurt in a small bowl.
Pour onto chicken and celery and mix well, stir in 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise. Top with the other half of orange zest, and sliced almonds.